Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Friday, March 5, 2010

Comfort Food

I was looking at my friend's (The Lockers) blog and she has this neat-o linky for a Recipe Swap. So I decided to get out the recipe we use weekly at my house and it happens to be a favorite recipe from when I was a kid.


Simply Modern Mom is trying to come up with 365 over-used recipes in a WEEK! So I thought I would post Granny Pat's *Salmon Patties* :)

We eat these things on a pretty darn regular basis...my comfort foods. And it seems Danny always knows when to make them. We either eat them with mac-n-cheese or mashed taters (sometimes both)!

Granny Pat's Salmon Patties
1/2 c corn meal
1/2 c flour
1 egg
1 can of salmon
(We de-bone ours but its really okay to leave them in there!)
A little milk

1. Mix all ingredients together. If the batter is super dry, add a little milk.
You don't want it soupy at all.
2. Make into patties. (Granny Pat always made little ones about a Tablespoon big -- Danny makes about 4 big ones )
3. Fry in hot oil until they are nice and golden all over.

We LOVE ketchup on ours :)

No comments: