Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

12 Weeks

We had our 12 week check-up appt on Friday. First they weighed me (Holy cow... I gained 5 pounds!!! In ONE month!) then sent me to my little room. The doctor came in and put the squishy cold stuff on my belly to look around for the heartbeat. After a few seconds (felt like HOURS) of searching... he found it :) Gosh, it was pumping so fast! He said everything sounded great! And not to worry about my weight gain. I am a little older than I was with Gavin and my metabolism has slowed a little, plus my body is in "weight gain mode" right now. So I was okay with it. He did say that they took a look at my blood-work and my platelets are already low. (With Gavin, they were fine at my 8 week appt and 28 week appt. They were very low the day I gave birth. Which is why I wasn't allowed to have an epidural. To have an epidural, the platelets must be over 100 - mine were 68!) So he said we would keep an eye on them and if they are still low at 28 weeks, he might start me on some meds to raise them. As of right now, I'm not worried at all. ~ I guess unless I cut my finger off or something... I don't have enough platelets to clot!!!

Anyway, my next appt is Friday, Nov 13 (16 weeks). We will do more bloodwork to test for Down's Syndrome, Trisomy 19 and a few other chromosomal abnormalities. I will keep yall posted :)

No comments: