Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sleepy Baby

Sunday night I put Gavin in the bathtub and I was folding laundry in the bedroom. He yelled and told me he was cold so I shut the door. Well he got pretty quiet a few minutes later so I went in to check on him. He was laying perpendicular in the tub driving a car around on his belly. So I went back to folding clothes. A few moments later I noticed he was quiet again so I went in again to check on him. HE WAS ASLEEP!!! Laying in the bathtub, arms to the side, legs all sprawled out, asleep!!! The water was up around his ears so after I hollered at Danny to come look at him, I washed his hair and his body while he slept. Apparently I was bothering him because he tried to roll over but of course couldn't find a spot that the water wasn't on his face. So he kept moving further up the bathtub. Finally his nose went under and he woke up and started crying. So we got him out of the tub, dried him off and clothed him. He kept saying "I wanna hold you" so I carried him in the living room and laid him on me while I read a book. About 5 seconds later... he was WIDE AWAKE!!!! Did NOT want to go to sleep after that! Anyway... after still freaking out yesterday about him falling asleep in the tub - I will NOT close the door anymore and I'm so glad I kept checking on him when I did. What a nut!!!!!

No comments: