Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Monday, October 13, 2008

I found Him

I have always (well as far as I know) believed in God. I pray to Him on a daily basis and know He exists. My family is Southern Baptist so its definitely been around me. But I have never learned the Bible and never really knew what it meant to be a "follower." Until now.

I stumbled upon 2 blogs that have totally captured my heart. Both are women that found out during pregnancy that their babies would not live outside the womb. Both are VERY Christian women and still praise Jesus even when their babies left this Earth to be in Heaven. And I am just AMAZED!!! by both of them. I have been reading and reading and reading their blogs everyday. Mainly to get to know them and to learn more about our Lord.

Since Gavin was born I have been wanting more and more to find a church family and start teaching him about God. But we still have yet to find a church here in town. I do not know the Bible, so how will I teach Gavin about Him? In Angie's blog, she mentioned that she started learning by reading Children's Bibles. So last night, Mimi & I went to Wal-Mart and I got our first Read & Learn Bible. My hope is for me to learn so I can teach Gavin.

I am going to post the links to these 2 magnificent ladies blogs so you can check them out if you want. I do ask you a favor though. Please comment me with your favorite Scripture and why its your favorite. I figure I can learn through you and it will soak in even better when its personal. So thank you ahead of time :)

Todd & Angie Smith lost their daughter Audrey after just 2.5 hours. Meet their family.
Spencer & Stacy Delisle lost their son Isaac after just 16 minutes. Read about their journey.

These blogs are beautifully written. But I warn you, some tears may fall.

5 comments:

Bec said...

I love to read other people's blogs to become inspired and 'renewed'. I love Angie's and have another one you will probably learn a lot from too, its at http://www.mycharmingkids.net. Her story is amazing and her fearless faith are so inspiring. I'm so proud of you and so happy for you in taking the first steps! I have so many favorite verses, but probably the one that gives me goosebumps everytime I read it is Habakkuk 1:5: "Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."

Noah's Mommy said...

I found your blog as I am also a follower of Stacy's blog. So I thought I would leave some of my fav scripture. I want to try to memorize some cool verses.

Jeremiah 29:11
Isaiah 43:1-3
Isaiah 40:31
Habakkuk 3:17-19

Meredith said...

I am very familiar with both blogs. I found Miss Audrey Caroline first and was amazed by the stregnth of her mother Angie and I love the family picture. I actually just found the other blog earlier this week and am amazed at the letters that precious woman wrote to her son. These are very inspiring women and like you they make me want to be a better person and a better Christian. Isn't it funny how the places that we can "find him". I just love it and it always happens at just the right time.

My favorite verse? HHHHMMMM

Praying for our Children:

“For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen” (Ephesians 3:14-21).

Praying for our Marriages:

"Love is patient, Love is Kind and is not jealous; Love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
I Corinthians 13: 4-7

For Myself:

"Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible fo rme but I will not be mastered by anything." 1 Corinthians 6:12

Congratualtions on these first steps. Don't let the bible (or church) intimidate you EVERYONE had a lot to learn. Whether you've been going for 90 years or it's your first time.

Jill said...

I am praising God and praying for you and your family! Using a Children's version is a great start. That is how I learned the stories of the Bible.

Here are a couple of suggestions you might find helpful:

Find a Bible teaching church and join. Get involved with other women there...they will be vital to your spiritual growth.

Join an indepth bible study. If I could only do one thing for the rest of my life, this would be it!

And remember:

And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again. Philippins 1:6

God promises us this:

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

Our Crazy Family said...

I'm so proud of you!
I've never been good with Bible verses but one of my favorite songs is "I can only Imagine" by Mercy Me. It brings tears to my eyes everytime I hear and think about everything it is saying. I haven't been involved with a church for awhile but once you do have a church family that you love it's an awesome thing. I remember loving going to church on Sunday and Wednesday nights. I hope one day to find another church so that Shooter can grow up with that same feeling and know all the stories and songs!

The 1st verse everyone learns:
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."