Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Go Horns!

Last night was the Grand Opening and First Home Game for the new Early Longhorn Stadium. Gavin & I went with Maria, Laurie and her two girls Jenna & Jordan. We had so much fun. We waited in line for 45 minutes to get our free t-shirts (the first 500 got dedication t-shirts) then headed up to find our seats. Gavin got to meet Earl E. (well 2 of them actually) and he LOVED him! He was sooooooo good at the game and was dancing to the band and cheering when we would...and of course entertaining all the folks around us! I havent been to an Early game since I graduated over a decage ago and when those boys ran out on the field and the crowd went wild, I got a little emotional. I think its just that I am a parent now and I can feel how proud those parents must be of their kids out there on that field. And how I hope that in 13-14 years Gavin will be out on that same field and we will all be cheering for him!






No comments: